Thursday, October 25, 2007

I need a nanny... one of those days!

Today was just one of those days. Ari woke up SUPER early which throws off the rest of his day, we never catch up. Matt left for work this morning which made it even worse. I swear Ari knows when he's gone and isn't happy about it. Maybe it's the weather...
Either way, this is the face I had to deal with all day. He cried for hours... refused to nap even though he was too exhausted to play. He's pretty sensitive to noise and that sensitivity is SO enhanced when he's tired, his toys made him scream, not even Baby Einstein calmed him down. I feel so horrible when he's like this but I have NO idea how to make it better. I really am going to look for a nanny for a day or two a week... I need a break. I've not had more than an hour to myself in ages and I've never had the house to myself. I'm feeling a little suffocated...
This is the result of being too tired to eat... he just smears the food all over his face and belly (not to mention me every time I try to give him a spoonful). I wasn't planning on giving him a bath since my back's hurting SO bad today but after this, he went straight to the tub.
The other part of my horrible mood is that I called my family Dr. today to schedule a follow up appt. for my back. I was doing better for a few days but seem to be getting worse... I was told they don't "deal" with accidents, that if I want treatment I need to go to the ER. Is it just me or isn't the ER for emergencies? I'm supposed to drag a screaming ten month old out in the rain to sit in a waiting room for hours... I really don't think so. I called the office manager, told her what was on my mind... my appt. is at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

About the only redeeming quality today was that my Label Tulip kit finally came in the mail. I figured Ari's not going to be happy no matter what I do so I might as well drown myself in creativity. I'm not totally thrilled with these but they are decent.


I did submit my Design Team entry today... I've never been more nervous, not even on my wedding day! Keep your fingers crossed for me, the winners won't be announced until late November. I'm just going to try not to think about it and keep scrapping 'til my little fingers fall off. Here's to a better day tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the CHEESE layout ! Awesome ! .... IF only i had a nanny .... lol ( BTW , im a friend of Jana's and saw your link on her blog :) ....
Stop on by and check mine out :)
Jenn
www.jenn-thisismenow.blogspot.com

The more scrappy friends the better i say ! lol...

Kim said...

Oh Morgan...if I was closer to you I just have to hug you!! And take Ari for a couple of hours for you. I'm sorry you had such an awful day!

Unknown said...

IVE FOUND MY WAY TO YOUR BLOG!LOVE YOUR FREQUENT FLIER LO,THE JOURNALING LOOKS FANTASTIC.

Unknown said...

If you ever need to have some alone time you can always bring Ari over here and take the day to yourself! I don't mind watching him at all. I hope today is better!

cropaddict.com said...

Oh no Morgan :( Hopefully Matt will be home soon and you can get a break, we all need one, two, or twenty of those every now and then :)
debbie from cropaddict.com