Friday, October 12, 2007

I feel like I've been hit by a truck

Ok, maybe not a truck but definaltely two cars. I think I may have been a little too optomistic (sp?) and upbeat about this whole experience. We went pumpkin picking yesterday with several friends... I felt ok until around 2 pm, then my back started getting these shooting pains that went all the way down my legs. I called my doctor who told me to go to urgent care (they don't have the ability to treat these types of injuries). I called urgent care to make sure they could treat me... they said go to the ER! Yea. I have worked in an ER, I know how they operate... I was totally not looking forward to this.

The 20 minute drive took me over an hour, apparently someone commited suicide by gunshot in the middle of the interstate so not only was traffic backed up from that, rubberneckers caused a 13 car pileup too! Fantastic. Four hours later I was examined for 8 minutes by a PA that informed me I have strained and/or torn nearly every muscle in my neck and back. Needless to say I was given perscriptions for narcotics and muscle relaxers and told to stay in bed for a few days. How in the world am I going to do that with a nine month old and a husband that leaves for work in the morning? Looks like I get to tough it out.

Well, I am sure you are sick of hearing me complain so I'm going to curl up in my bed and take a nap for as long as Ari will let me (that generally means about 5-10 minutes). Enjoy your day!

*update - as I was signing off to go upstairs Ari woke up, so no nap for me!

No comments: