Thursday, June 19, 2008

Man I'm tired...

I can't seem to get caught up on my sleep, I wonder if it's the heat. Or the fact that we are constantly on the go. Either way, I'm beat! It's been fun though, we're getting to do a lot of stuff and make a lot of memories. Yesterday was Gymboree, fun as usual. Ari did a little better, he was super clingy when we got there but really loosened up as class began. We left a little early to meet Matt for lunch. He had to be at the airport at 1:40 so we grabbed a bite and saw him off. He was supposed to be flying until 1 am but most of his flights ended up cancelled so he got to come home early. If you're a traveller I'd avoid LaGuardia in the summer, if you're a crew member it's nice. You get to come home early when your flights cancel for weather!

Anyway, today we met Michelle and Ella at Latta Park for a picnic and some fun. The babies loved the playground (especially the swings). The splash park was uber crowded when we got there but a lot of the bigger kids went home so we gave it a go. Ari was a little timid at first but he would walk a little closer to the fountains each time. It was so cute! Until he slipped and landed on the back of his head. Michelle and I heard his head hit the ground and we weren't even inside the splash area. I thought I was going to throw up, it was horrible. He screamed and screamed and several other moms gasped when he fell. I took him to get Teddy Eddy and he was a little better after that. Ella decided she was done with the water too and walked straight into a mud puddle, falling right down in the middle. I laughed out loud, it was SO cute and funny. Of course that would only happen to Michelle because she hates getting dirty. I felt bad for laughing but she was giggling too (through clenched teeth at first). There was an outdoor shower so it was a pretty easy clean up job. Hehe...

Here are the pictures. We're hanging out at home the rest of the day. Ari is really cranky, he has a massive bruise on the back of his head and I'm sure it's fairly painful. Enjoy the rest of your day!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute ! Got your email, i'll write ya back in the morning . Looks like the kids had a blast !
I know what you mean about being tired, the week has been rough for me too, dont know why, but ive been beat !
Have a fabulous weekend !

Hugs,
Jenn :)

Deb said...

You got some gorgeous pictures! Get some rest, girl, and I hope you all have a great weekend!