Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Home, Jeans!

Kids say the funniest things, this was one of Matt's sayings when he was a wee one. He told me once and it stuck. That, and heckipockers (helicopters). I now have a hard time saying it correctly and I'm sure I've gotten more than one strange look from people wodering what the heck I'm babbling about. Of course, now I can just blame Ari (ah, the wonderful benefit of having a babbler)!!

Anyway, home is where we'll be for the next few days. We went to Gymboree this morning, Ari had a blast as usual. He is most definately a climber and I cannot be more than arms reach away from him or he'll likely end up back in the ER. He's now climbing ladders like he's a professional painter and running down steep ramps like he's racing to the finish line. Still not one for group activity but I'm not bothered, that's just less cheezy kids songs I have to sing repeatedly anyway! We had our usual lunch at PeiWei after class and came home for naps.

No plans tonight or tomorrow. I did rent a couple movies and we stopped at the store for some munchies, now there is truly no excuse to get out of jammies until at least Friday morning. Yay!! Friday we are headed to the pool and most likely a carnival type thing that evening. Saturday is Ari's 18 month "birthday" which we are going to celebrate every year. I don't want him to feel gipped having a birthday 3 days after Christmas, this way he can truly have a day just about him! I plan on making a cake, cutting it in half and letting him go crazy! The bonus is we can do it in the backyard and just hose him off when he's through!

Oh, be sure to check back for some scrappy projects in the next day or so. I am also waiting not so patiently for a big announcement, hopefully I'll have some good news to share in the next week or so!! Enjoy the rest of your week!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

so are you still waiting for a big announcement? me too!! i wish us both luck!!

love the half birthday. we've talked about doing this with cole because we have the worst luck around his birthday and someone is always sick - like really sick, not just a cold.

Unknown said...

Maybe we can do the cake before the carnival thingy? What time does it start? I don't know how long I'm supposed to keep the kids. When I find out, we'll decide the details.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, that is so funny, we do Nikolas's half bday too which happens to be .... today ! LOL ..... HE was born the day after Christmas, i never realized Ari also was right after . Well i hope Ari has a great 18 month bday !
Have fun in your jammies doing comfy home stuff !
Jenn :)