Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A little more about me

I saw this on Theresa's blog and thought I'd put it here, more for myself and reflection of my life but I thought some of you may like to hear about the past year of my life. If you get bored feel free to skip to the end, there's a cute video of Ari being his usual mischevious self.

1.What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Bought our first house!
2. What are your New Years Resolutions? I don't make resolutions...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007? I wasn't close to her at the time but my great new friend Michelle had Ella on Jan. 19, 2007
4. Did anyone close to you die. My cat, Kira
5. What countries did you visit? Er, sadly none. It's hard to travel to another country with a newborn!
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? More time with my brother (he's in Korea until May 2008)
7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why? Dates don't really etch in my memory, probably the only actual date I'll remember is June 29, the day we closed on our house. Oh, and Oct. 10 was the day of my car accident.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Although Ari was technically born in 2006 I consider becoming a mother my greatest achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't think I failed in any way.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury? Injury to my back from the car accident I was in. No major illness thank goodness!
11. What was the best thing someone bought you? Technically Matt bought us a house (he's the one that brings home the bacon after all!)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Matt's for being an amazing father, Dick and Sharon's for being fantastic parents and grandparents, my dad's for always being there no matter what I need and last but not least Brian for being the best Uncle Ari has!!
13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you? Appalled, but not depressed (never again) and the continued poor behavior of Kathie and her family.
14. Where did most of your money go? The new house by far...
15. What did you get really, really excited about? The house and making the Crop Addict Design Team!!
16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007? Bubbly by Colbie Calliat and any childrens songs that become perpetually stuck in my head from Gymboree...
17. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier, much!
b.) Thinner or Fatter? Thinner (I had a baby, duh)
c.) Richer or Poorer? About the same...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Taken more time for myself
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Second guessed the decisions and choices I've made, no matter how much I analyze I always realize I made the right choice!
20. How did you spend Christmas? Ari and I had lunch at Michelle's since Matt was working, we had our family Christmas the next morning. It was perfect!
21. Did you fall in love? I fall in love with my husband and son every day!
22. How many one night stands did you have? Are you serious, I'm happily married!
23. What was your favorite TV program? One Tree Hill, ER, Criminal Minds
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year? Hate is a strong word; hating someone takes just as much energy and effort as loving someone. There is no one worth hating. There are certain people that will not be a part of my life anymore, I honestly don't feel anything towards them.
25. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter #7
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? I spent the day with Matt and Ari, I turned 25 (WooHoo, I can rent a car now!!)
27. What was your best musical discovery? Hmm, I don't know...
28. What did you want and get? I wanted a house to raise our son in and we got it!
29. What was your favorite film of the year? There were good films this year??
30. What did you want and not get? Nothing that I can think of.
31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having Matt home more often.
32. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007? If I make it out of my jammies I'm doing very well!
33. What kept you sane? Scrapbooking
34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most? I don't admire celebrities.
35. What political issue stirred you most? I'd rather not say, too many people judge you based on the wrong things, politics included.
36. Who do you miss? Brian (my brother) and the Remley family (I wish we lived closer)
37. Who was the best new person you met? Michelle and Ella!!!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned. Trust your instincts, don't be too trusting of others, stand up for what you believe in, do not let people take advantage of your kindness and generosity, no one is worth crying over (if they were worth it you wouldn't be crying in the first place)
39. Quote a song line that defines your year. Er, I can't think of any...

Last but by far not least, if you are still here after all of that you totally deserve to see this hilarious video of Ari. He is such a little "destructor"!! He took the top of his Chicco toy table (it comes off), flipped it upside down, pushed it across the room to the sofa and, well, you'll see...



I tell you, we cannot turn our backs for a minute. Just when you think the house is baby-proof the baby proves you wrong! Have a great night!

No comments: