Sunday, January 13, 2008

101 Posts and a little shop therapy

Wow, can you believe this is my 101st post! Congratulations me!! Anyway, it's been a long day, I'm ready to dive into my new scrap stash and forget about my worries. Ari slept until 8 this morning, we've been having food battles all day but I'm over it. He'll eat when he's hungry, all I can do is have healthy food available to him when he's ready. We met Michelle and Ella at Target (OK, the Starbucks in Target) to run a few errands, we stopped at AC Moore since they had 40% off their "entire" stock of scrapbook embellishements. OK, for those of you that aren't well versed in scrappers terminology~ embellishements are all the extra little things that you put on the pages to give it oomph and style such as brads, eyelets (mini grommets for the guys out there), ribbon, alphabet letters, flowers, stickers and so on. Now that we're clear on that... someone needs to tell AC Moore that that's what embellishements are, and when you advertise that your ENTIRE stock of embellies are on sale you need to include more than one little part of one aisle of stuff. It was a little disappointing but I guess it's better since I didn't spend as much money.

While we were there Ari decided to start throwing everything in his reach. He even hit another lady that was shopping with his puff container! I was mortified, he was such a bad kid today. We're going to have to put a stop to that behavior pretty quickly, I just wish everyone around you didn't look at you like your an unfit mother for telling your child "No". Can't a girl catch a break around here?

After shopping we had lunch at Panera, SO YUM! I haven't been to Panera in quite a while, it was nice. Michelle and I had a chance to sit down and talk, it was really nice. She's the best friend, I love her! Ella was really good today, jabbering away in her stroller and eating peanut butter and jelly for the first time. It was so cute, she kept making funny faces, so adorable!

We came home, Ari refused to nap and wouldn't eat much of his dinner either. I think starting tomorrow we're going to eliminate his bottle during the day. I've been wanting to wean him off since he's one and drinking whole milk, this is the perfect opportunity. Hopefully it'll get him eating more "food" instead of filling up on formula. Sharon told me months ago I needed to do it, I was afraid he wouldn't be getting the nutrients he needed but the only way to find out is to try.

Anyway, that's enough rambling... After Ari went to bed I was actually extremely productive. I watched three movies back to back, The Waitress starring Keri Russell; it was alright, I'd heard it was awesome and I think my hopes were a little too high, it wasn't as great as I was expecting. Then it was I'm Reed Fish starring Alexis Bledel (from Gilmore Girls, my favorite show evah) which was really good. I didn't have any expectations since I'd never even heard of it but it was really good, well written and the soundtrack was amazing. Last but not least, Carolina Moon with Claire Forlani and Oliver Hudson (total hottie, by the way) and it was AMAZING! SO much better than I thought, I picked it because the cast was pretty good and I'm going to watch it again tonight. While I watched I got TONS of scrapping done, most of which I cannot share yet. Stay tuned though, sneek peeks are coming later this week. Here's my January calendar, I finished it last night as well.




Well, I'm off to put Ari to bed, he's starting to fall over while standing and walking so I better put lay him down before he hurts himself. Later gators...

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Morgan...I just love this calender page.
You always make such beautiful things.

oxoxo
Laura