Saturday, January 12, 2008

Laws of Nature

Every great day has to be followed by one that's totally horrible, right? At least that's how it seems in my house... Ari's been a total pain all day, whining about everything! I know he's only one but enough is enough, he's throwing full blown tantrums dropping to the floor flailing about (because I wouldn't let him play with our phone, last time he called my brother at 4 in the morning his time) screaming at the top of his lungs. He only ate half his breakfast, no lunch and he threw his dinner all over me and the wall. Nice. Granted, I think he may be feeling a little yuck (he had a pretty bad diaper today) but is it necessary to throw food halfway across a room just because you don't want it? So, all he's had today is half a yogurt, his bottles and some puffs. I tried to feed him peaches for dinner which are his favorite just so he would have something in his little belly; as soon as I pulled the spoon out of his mouth he proceeded to stick his entire fist in his mouth, scoop all the peaches out and throw them at my face. It's only 6 pm... I have another hour of this.

I think I'm going to go to the Starbucks drive through, maybe he'll fall asleep in the car and I can give my ears and nerves a break. Wish me luck.

****Update*****

It's now midnight, Ari wouldn't eat any dinner other than puffs, he did take his bottle though. I gave him a bath and he went to bed at 7 (his usual time). He woke up about 20 minutes ago, crying. I checked on him, he's still crying. This is the 5th night in a row he's woken at midnight... I think, I've sort of lost count. I'm ready to pull my hair out, I feel like such a horrible mother sometimes. Do I give him a bottle? I'm getting real sick of having him wake throughout the night, he's a year old! I can't blame it on teething because it's been going on way too long. HELP!!! He's pretty much just protesting now, not really crying but just sort of yelling and shaking his crib (he's really good at that, he knows how to mash it into the wall so we come running to make sure he's not tipped over). I think he may be near the end of this little fit, from now on I'm not even going to go in his room in the first place, it only seems to make things worse. Sheesh, does anyone want a job as a nanny?? We have a spare room...

I'm sure you're all pretty sick of hearing about it, but I need to get it out and Matt's not here. Two more days...

1 comment:

cropaddict.com said...

( Oh Morgan. Hope Ari gets back to his normal self.