Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sad Day

My very best friend informed me today that her step-father has been diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer. I've never been more sad, there really isn't anything anyone can do for him at this point. It baffles me that modern medicine has progressed as far as it has but his doctors just come out and say, "sorry, we're out of options". I really don't get it. My heart is breaking for our family, they've been closer to me than many of my blood relatives throughout my life. Promise that you will make all of the men in your life get regular physicals, the only symptom Larry had was that he had to wake up at night to go to the bathroom. It's so important to get all the little things checked out, I know we are all guilty of "wait and see". Life is too short!

Speaking of doctors, I had my first PT appointment today. It went well, I was given some stretches to work on (most of them I already do) and there are a few other things we are going to try. I'll wait to mention those until the actually happen. My next appt. is Monday so we'll see what happens.

Another bit of bad news... since our desktop bit the big one last week we haven't had a chance to download photos. I went to the Canon website today only to find out that our digital camera isn't compatible with Windows Vista. How crappy is that. Now we have to buy a new camera on top of a new TV and computer. We're SO technologically jinxed lately, I'm afraid to touch anything that has a plug.

On a very happy note, we found out today that Matt has to be given his remaining two weeks of vacation that he was not allowed to take earlier in the year. Chances are he will have the first two weeks of December off! It's fantastic since my lil' brother will be home from Korea for a month! I'm totally stoked that we will all get to visit together, most likely down at my dad's on the beach. Gotta love beaches in December, it doesn't get much better than that!

I'm also SO excited that I won the Pay It Forward RAK (random act of kindness) from Kristy's blog today! It's been quite a while since I've won anything, I was beginning to wonder if I've turned unlucky! Anyway, stay tuned to see my awesome RAK and I will be putting together a little RAK of my own to pass on to one of you! More details to come...

I'm headed to bed fairly early tonight, I feel drained! Tomorrow we are going to see Body Worlds with Michelle, Ella, Alice and Charlie. I'm REALLY looking forward to it. I was supposed to go for my birthday (Sept. 1) but it never happened so needless to say I'm chompin' at the bit! We will probably grab a bite to eat while were out and then hopefully Dick and Sharon will get here tomorrow evening! Hope everyone has a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh Morgan, you have had a LONG day ! My thoughts and prayers are with your family as well as your friends, that is very sad . STinky on the electronics too ! But that just means things have to look up eventually, right ?
I know Kristy too ! Congrats on winning her RAK ! I love how the scrappy circle all connects somewhere down the line ! Have a great weekend !