Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh the weather outside...

Is a little too warm for this time of year! Not that I'm complaining, it just feels a little weird chopping down your Christmas tree in sunny 65 degree weather. I guess it's better than having to lie down in a big ole' pile of snow and ice! It was kind of a spur of the moment decision to get our tree today, Matt is super sick and we thought it would be better to go today than have to deal with crowds tomorrow. Plus, it's right up the road from our house, so it was really easy to get there and back in between Ari's naps.











It is the absolute most perfect tree I have ever had! It's a Leyland Cypress which means there are no needles to poke the crap out of your (er, my) arms while decorating! It smells so yummy, just like Christmas should smell. We're going to decorate it tomorrow, light a fire in the fireplace, drink hot chocolate and listen to holiday music. It's a new tradition I want to pass down to Ari and Matt and I are both pretty excited about it.

I think Ari's getting bored with his "baby" toys, we are in serious need of some upgrades. I took him to Target with me today and let him pick out something new. He picked the Fisher Price Little People dump truck. It's so cute, the little man driving twists back and forth when you push it. Ari just likes to take the "dirt" out of the back and put in back in over and over. We are going to get him more of them for Christmas, he's just having so much fun with it. The poor child hasn't gotten any new toys in months and now that he's practically walking he is completely uninterested in anything he has.

I'm going to hit the scrap table tonight, I've not been able to complete a layout since before Thanksgiving and I really need to. My December Crop Addict kit will be here next week and I haven't even used the November one yet. Oops. Enjoy your Friday night, I'll be back with more photos tomorrow!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Oh how fun!! Sounds like the perfect tradition to start! And your tree looks great with just the lights!

cropaddict.com said...

What a cool tree Morgan! Love the new blog banner!

Lora3677 said...

how awesome... we are getting our tree tomorrow... you know, with the whole crowd... ha

bruinbr said...

what a gorgeous tree!!!! i love the new blog banner too! :) What a beautiful family you have!

Christina said...

Love your new blog banner Morgan!! Your tree is gorgeous!! Have fun starting your tradition with Ari!! :)