Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Blustery Day...

It's starting to feel a lot like winter! It was super chilly today, overcast and now it's raining [WooHoo!] which is really a good thing considering we are very close to severe water restrictions due to the drought. I'm just now getting back into the swing of things from being away and having visitors. Brian [the brother] left for Korea this morning, his flight out of Panama City yesterday was delayed so much so that he missed his connection and had to stay in Atlanta overnight. He made it out today though, and is most likely about to land! I think it's about a 12 hour flight and it's now morning there so hopefully he got some sleep on the plane. He has to go straight back to work and I really hope the jet lag doesn't knock him too hard.

Mr. Bean had the best night sleep last night since Thanksgiving. While we were in Florida he didn't sleep for more than 4 hours at a time, waking up scared (most likely due to the fact that he was sleeping in the laundry room) and needing to be comforted. He took a HUGE nap, not waking until around 7 pm, which is usually when he goes to bed, so we gave him dinner and let him play around until about 8:30 when he went back to sleep. He woke up at 8:30 this morning, had breakfast and took a nap from 9-12:30. Matt and I napped too, we stayed up a little too late last night catching up on the things around the house that needed tending. I got two scrap layouts and a project done, three more are about to be started! It's so nice to have my space back and the freedom to sit by myself whenever I choose!

Matt is back to work tomorrow on a 4 day trip. Ari has a christmas party at Gymboree that if it weren't for Michelle reminding me about I would have totally forgotten. Thanks girl! I have a lot to do around here to get ready for Ari's party, I want the entire downstairs "complete" before we have a house full of guests. That includes all the unfinished painting, decorating and cleaning that I've been neglecting since, well, forever! We did get some painting done today and I bought Ari's birthday gift (so cool!) so at least I feel like I'm making progress.

I'm about to hit the sack, it's late and I'm exhausted but I will leave you with the (short) video of Ari's first steps yesterday. In true Ari fashion, once the camera came out he totally gave up on what he was doing so this is the best I could do. I am seriously thinking about getting a hidden camera... anyway, here ya go!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HI MORGAN I PURCHSED THE ORANGEY/PURPLEY..LOL FRANGIPANI'S FROM MY LOCAL SCRAP SHOP THEY HAVE A WEBSITE www.scrapsidaisy.com & IM SURE LEISA COULD HELP YOU OUT OR I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO BUY A COUPLE & SEND THEM TO YOU!

Unknown said...

awe how precious - he looks so excited!

Chris said...

Morgan,

I just love that you have a video of this! He is just so precious and that moment is so important! I am so glad that you shared this. I love, love, love it!

((hugs))