Wednesday, February 6, 2008

How Is It...

That I just realized I have a boy? I mean, I knew Ari was a boy when he was born... he was so sweet and innocent and mild mannered. Then he turned one. He has seriously been testing my limits today. He woke up at 6am, I let him cry for 20 minutes then changed his diaper and put him back in his crib. He was semi-quiet until 7, then I had no choice but to get up with him. SO not what I needed or wanted. He screamed... for 45 minutes, no matter what I did. I layed him down for a nap and he slept until about 10:30. He melted down again at 11:30, we gave him lunch (until he started throwing it at us) and put him back in his crib. The phone rang, I answered it and as I'm hanging up I hear a giant BANG, then Ari screaming. I go up to his room and he has blood pouring out of his mouth. The only thing I can figure is he was head-butting his crib (which he's been known to do) and mashed his lip. He cried until I let him play in the running water in the sink. When he's calm I take him back to his crib and lay him down. Ten minutes later the monitor starts beeping. I go up yet again to find he has unplugged the monitor unit, you know, the one plugged in the wall under his crib, and is sticking his wet fingers in the socket! Yeah... I am dumbfounded. He also somehow reached through his crib, took the lid off his hamper and dropped his socks (the ones he was wearing) into the hamper. Then his blankie, teddy, and LammiePie! I seriously have my hands full...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your day got better! He is all boy! Don't feel bad, Ella was throwing her lunch on the floor too. She got in a lot of trouble. :)

Unknown said...

hehe -- sounds familiar - it is not just boys!

bruinbr said...

hope things have gotten better! the joys that dh and I have to look forward to once we have kids! :P

Chrissy Le said...

Hang in there girl, it will get better. Ruthi is at the age where she's a little tyrant, and unpredictable. She would cry,scream,hit one second, and turns around and hugs me! They said it's a phase...LOL Sheeeeesh, hope it's a short one!