Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

It was just me and the Bean yesterday, Matt is at work for the week so we headed over to our friends house for a water playdate/barbeque. The weather was borderline nasty, really overcast and spitting rain all day but we figured the kids were going to be wet anyway so a little rain wouldn't matter. We were right about that, what we didn't think about were the little bursts of 5 minute sunshine here and there and every one of us ended up with lobster babies :( Poor Ari, he is so sunburned and I feel like the worst mommy on earth. He was up and down all night, I know he must be absolutely miserable but all I can do is love on him and keep him dosed up with Tylenol and aloe to ease the pain. I know, bad mommy. It will never happen again that's for sure.

Despite the sunburn he had the best time! There were about 8 kids there, it's sort of our usual play group and everyone got along SO well! No meltdowns or tantrums from anyone, a feat in and of itself with that many kids under age 6! They played in the little pools, on the "jungle gym" (as Ari calls it), in the sprinkler and we had lunch outside on the patio. Here are a few snapshots of Ari:







That last one seriously cracks me up. He would fly down the slide and land on his bum in a big puddle of mud, absolutely hilarious to watch! It took him 3 or 4 tries before he figured out how to land on his feet. I'm so glad I caught the flying through the air, it's a terrible picture but it makes me giggle every time I see it!

After the playdate we came home for naps then went to another friends for dinner. All the kids were totally wiped out from the playdate and a little crispy from the sun so after dinner we came home and went to bed. All in all it was a great day especially given the forecast for thunderstorms all day.

We're hanging out at home the rest of the week, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and hopefully I can get some scrapbooking done! I ordered the newest Noel Mignon kit and it arrived today... nothing like new supplies to jumpstart the mojo!! Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

He is just the cutest little thing. Great pics Morgan!