Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adjusting

We've been home with Baby Oscar for just over a week now and are settling in nicely I think. It's definitely an adjustment from one to two, I don't think we realized just how set in our ways we were with Ari. We both forgot what it's like to have a newborn in the house but after a day or two we were on track.

Little Man seemed to have his days and nights a little mixed up for the first two nights home. As soon as we would settle in for the night he would start squirming and crying. I was baffled. Ari came home from the hospital sleeping through the night and went straight to his crib in his own room... Oscar had other ideas. We figured out that he likes to be swaddled super tight and strapped into his baby papasan chair to sleep. I think maybe because he was a few weeks early?? We never swaddled Ari because of his birth defect so that's new too. Oscar loves it though!

It's so fun to get to know a new little person! I am amazed at how Oscar already is his own little person. He knows what he wants and doesn't give up until you figure it out. He loves to be held, loves to snuggle and is generally a really happy baby. He sleeps a lot, of course he's still not quite two weeks old and wasn't due to be here until next week but I love that he's been so easy thus far. He really does fit perfectly into our little family.

I find myself wanting to hold and snuggle him much more than I did with Ari. I think with Ari I was afraid that I would spoil him, that he would get used to being held and that would make things harder for me. Knowing that Oscar is my last I'm soaking it up, I cuddle him for hours every day and love the one on one time. It's usually when Ari is sleeping, our little bit of downtime during the day. We've really tried to stick to our normal routine for Ari's sake, we get out pretty much every day. We've gone to the park and shopping and eaten out a couple times too. Oscar just comes along for the ride, he's so easy! It helps that I'm totally comfortable nursing in public too. I have a Bebe Au Lait cover and I use it a LOT! It's the same one I had with Ari, I'm so glad I found it! I have a Peanut Shell too and have already fallen completely in love with it. I even sold one to a lady shopping at Babies R Us!!

All in all it's been a pretty good week. Not totally perfect but I have no control over the things that aren't so hot. From now on I'm going to focus on MY family, my three guys, and let the chips fall where they may. I apologize if that sounds a little cryptic, I'd rather not get into the details.

Anyway, things are pretty good here! Oscar is the perfect addition to our family and we are all just really happy! I'll leave you with some pictures of our week!










2 comments:

bruinbr said...

Oscar is just precious! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well! :)

Haley said...

He is so darling!