Saturday, October 24, 2009

Upside down

That's kind of how life is right about now. Seems I just can't stay on top of things, no idea why. Do you ever feel like you're just digging your way out and about halfway through someone throws all the dirt back in and you're right back where you started? I'm not depressed or anything, just having a hard time managing life with two kids and all the jazz that comes along with them. Actually, I'm not having a hard time managing, I'm having a hard time writing about it. We're so busy all the time, blogging always gets bumped to the bottom of the list. We have preschool and playdates and mom's night out and holiday stuff and, and, and... it's all a blast and we are loving each day. I wish I had time to document it :( I haven't scrapped a single picture since I don't know when. I even went so far as to buy some new crafty supplies and there they sit in the bag on my shelf, pushed aside yet again.

Anyway, I'm really trying to make time. Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to do that? I can't even use Oscar as an excuse because he sleeps through the night 7-7 so my evenings are just as free as they were before he was here. The only thing different is the insane amount of laundry to fold and put away at the end of each day. So, any tips or tricks are greatly appreciated! Send them my way, either through comments here, email or a phone call (actually, texts are better since I rarely answer the phone anymore). Thanks!!!





1 comment:

Virginia said...

I don't know any tips & tricks necessarily, but I will say that once bedtime for the kiddos roll around, I'm "off duty" as housekeeper. I let that stuff wait until the next day. We all work together (even all the little kids) to pick up the house after dinner/bathtime, and I wash dishes right after dinner, so they house is at least neat, if not all clean, before bedtime. The actual cleaning of stuff I try to juggle throughout the day. Night time is "me time." I also use this system for organizing my time:

http://blackflipflops.blogspot.com/2008/06/sidetracked-home-executives.html?

Good luck! It's hard to juggle it all, and sometimes some stuff just has to suffer for it- just make sure you get your time for investing in yourself. You need it!