Thursday, November 12, 2009

Peer pressure/Inspiration

So, I think part of my lack of ability to create anything crafty is the constant state of chaos that my house is in. I'm a very Type-A person (ok, anal) so any clutter or mess really bothers me. My friend Virginia started this week long cleaning kick and I think I'm going to jump on the wagon. Maybe if I really concentrate on actually organizing/putting away I'll have enough energy left to sit and be crafty. So, here's my plan

Day 1: Laundry: Not just washed/dried but folded, on hangers and put away. I'd like to actually clean my laundry area too!

Day 2: Master Bedroom/Bathroom: Yikes. Let's just say our room has been the catch all for "quick, company is coming so hide the junk that's out so it looks like the house is clean" Hush, you know you do it too.

Day 3: Boys rooms/bathroom: I think I can do all three in one day, O's room stays pretty clean minus the trashcan full of diapers that always sneaks up on me and the bathroom should be pretty easy. Ari's room is going to be the time consumer.

Day 4: Family room/downstairs bathroom: This is the room we live in, it has Ari's toy area and my scrap area plus the TV, furniture... pretty much everything. This might take more than a day...

Day 5: Living room/Kitchen: They're connected, makes sense to do both in the same day.

I'm really going to hold myself accountable. It's been quite a while since I've actually cleaned my house though so my goals might not be realistic. Before you go thinking I'm gross and that we live in squalor know that I've been hiring cleaning help since about April. Every two weeks the house gets totally clean, just not by me! I will post before and after pictures so you can see my progress, wish me luck!




No comments: