Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What's the deal?


I am pulling my hair out... Ari has developed this nasty little habit of waking up every 2 hours at night. I don't know what to do... do I let him cry? do I rock him until he is calm? do I feed him a bottle? I feel like if I rock him or feed him he will never learn to self soothe and this habit will keep getting worse. On the other hand, if he's not sleeping then I'm not sleeping and a tired mommy is not a happy mommy. I put him to bed at 8 tonight, a little later than usual because of the cheer leading thing tonight, but he woke up at 10... I let him cry it out since I wasn't upstairs and he finally fell over at about 10:30. Literally, he fell over in a tiny heap in the corner of his crib closest to the door. I know exactly what he was doing, he pulled himself up to stand waiting for me to come in and make it all better. When I didn't he just gave up and fell over. Mission accomplished though, huh... he is sleeping soundly!

On a happier note... The kick off for the flag football cheer leading season was AWESOME! They had the giant 30 foot tall inflatable panther mouth that all of the kids could run/wheel out of just like at a real Panther's game. It was amazing to see all of the kids out there having so much fun! I will post a picture of the cheer squad! Practices are on Thursdays and games are Saturday mornings. I am really looking forward to getting to know these kids, they are adorable! Oh, and Ari was mesmerized by the Panther's cheerleaders. They were there with a few of the players and when they walked by he almost fell out of the stroller trying to watch them walk! Who did he get that from? We tried to get his picture with the girls and as soon as I put him on the ground he started crying! It was really cute! Guess he's not that crazy for cute girls after all (big sigh of relief!).

No comments: